The Organization – Eviction Defense Network
No tenant should go to trial without a lawyer! We provide tenants with representation by lawyers experienced in eviction defense. Our fees for full representation are based on a sliding fee scale from $500 to $2500 depending on income and budget. We believe that all tenants should be represented by a well-prepared attorney no matter how much they can afford to pay.
If you have filed your answer yourself, or another agency has filed it for you, we can still represent you. If this is the case, please come to our office as soon as possible so we can meet with you.
- Active membership in the State Bar of California
- 1-3 years litigation experience preferred;
- Knowledge of landlord-tenant, housing law, rent control, and the eviction process preferred.
- Demonstrated commitment to serving the needs of low-income persons
- Bilingual Spanish/English
- Ability to collaborate with other community agencies in the delivery of services
- Self-motivated, takes initiative, able to learn quickly